B2C Marketing Manager
- Manchester M3
- Salary: £35,000 – £40,000 /year
We are looking for a Marketing Manager to join our team and help us get the word out about sustainable home heating.
Who we are
Our mission is to reduce the environmental impact of home heating through the installation of sustainable heating systems. We are currently a B2B business focusing on providing tools and services to installers but are currently creating a new B2C business unit which will connect directly with people wanting a sustainable heating system fitted in their home, either directly funding or helping them access government funding and facilitating the install through our existing installer customer base.
The Marketing Manager will report to the Managing Director and will have full responsibility for developing, implementing and managing an integrated marketing plan for the business:
- Proposition development and customer segmentation: working with the team to identify develop and validate customer personas and corresponding propositions. Research target customer groups.
- Develop and deliver our integrated marketing plan: develop and implement an effective integrated marketing plan to deliver on key performance indicators based on qualified lead generation and brand awareness amongst target customer groups.
- Campaign planning and delivery: plan, manage and deliver our marketing campaigns on time and on budget, supported by external agencies as appropriate. Setting clear objectives and performance metrics and providing proactive management and reporting.
- Managing external agencies: sourcing and managing the work of external agencies and freelancers, ensuring that our partners are delivering results in line with our marketing plan and delivering value for money.
- Budget management: you will initially have control over an annual budget of circa £250k with the possibility of significant growth subject to successful sales within the business.
- Partner relationships: pro-actively identifying and cultivating opportunities with third parties to create partnerships to support our marketing objectives.
- Channel management: you will be responsible for managing key channels (online and offline as appropriate) including working with and providing direction to our internal web and social content manager.
- Events and exhibitions/shows: Planning and delivering brand awareness and training events for installers and presence and exhibitions/shows aimed at target customer groups.
Who we’re looking for
A talented marketing professional to deliver innovative, data driven campaigns where the results speak for themselves.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be passionate about reducing our impact on the planet.
- Have a demonstrable track record in delivering successful integrated B2C marketing plans and campaigns.
- Be a marketing generalist with experience in both online and offline channel selection and management.
- Have experience working either within a small business or for small businesses as part of an agency.
- Have experience of selection and management of external agencies and freelancers.
- Have event management experience.
- Be an agenda setter, rather than a task manager.
- Thrive in a fast moving environment.
- Be commercially focused and able to measure success.
- Have several years’ experience in marketing – you might be a senior marketing executive looking to take a step up or an established marketing manager looking to be part of a leadership team.
- Salary £35k – £40k, depending on experience.
- Minimum 25 days holiday, on top of public holidays.
- Health care expenses scheme.
- Flexible working hours.
- Flexible working arrangements, so you can balance time in the office against remote working.
- Pension contributions matched by the company up to 4%.
We’re located in Central Manchester alongside the other members of the Evergreen Group, a tight group of companies united by positive ethical and social missions. We strongly believe in giving our people the flexibility to work the way they find most effective and empower them to make decisions which shape the direction we take.
If you’re interested in applying, please submit your CV and cover letter to [email protected]. Please note that we are accepting applications directly from individual candidates only and will not consider applications by recruiters/agencies.